Re: Nature recordists group

Subject: Re: Nature recordists group
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 am ((PST))
> I will not let this group turn into anything else other than what it was =
set up to be...

Been in the field, sorry to continue a finished thread.

I thought the Derrida-referencing post was pretentious, too, but I think yo=
u over-reacted, Martyn. There is little need for moderation. If something i=
s off-topic or uninteresting the thread will die on its own.

I understand that the Nature Recording group was formed as a refuge for peo=
ple who wanted to talk about the art of recording and fieldcraft but not te=
ch. Tech talk dominates this group, as that is the area where nature record=
ists want peer assistance the most. I think splintering was unnecessary but=
 I subscribe to both and I don't mind that there is little traffic on the N=
ature Recording list as I subscribe to individual emails and if there's not=
hing there I don't have to check it.

I hope that my colleagues here will be tolerant of different viewpoints. It=
's art and science, and controversies are legitimate, nay, necessary for vi=
tality, in both fields.

-Dan