Soundscape ecology

Subject: Soundscape ecology
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 pm ((PDT))
One of the most respected people in my life and a pioneer for the term "Bio=
phony" has done so much for recording the natural world. I have indulged in=
 nature recording for over 35 years with my microphones through work and pl=
easure.
Bernie Krause is instrumental in introducing to many people along with Murr=
ay Schafer the term "Soundscape"
The term "soundscape" has been used by a variety of disciplines to describe=
 the relationship between a landscape and the composition of its sound. Thi=
s Friday at 12:00 noon on Science Friday, Bernie will be talking about the =
field work and Soundscape ecology.
Two weeks ago Bernie was heard on the radio talking about Soundscape ecolog=
y and the need to preserve our fragile ecosystems for the future. Bernie an=
d his wife had pencilled in their diary to create websites with the www.sou=
ndscapeecology.com and .org extensions only to find that within 5 minutes o=
f the show Gordon Hempton had bought them all up. How very sad!!

Martyn
Martyn Stewart
www.naturesound.org
www.soundofcritters.com