Re: XLR Cable Connection

Subject: Re: XLR Cable Connection
From: "Michael Raphael"
Date: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 pm ((PDT))
You really should be fine at 25 feet and really stick with the 2 cables. It=
 is pretty manageable.

On Apr 19, 2011, at 7:50 PM, rayb wrote:

> That's what I initially was going to do but thought it would be easier to=
 run a single star quad cable from the recorder to the mics in the boundary=
 array. I imagine they would be connected
> with a y connector. By the way does the length of the cable discernibly e=
ffect the sound?

> Ray
>
> --- In  Michael Raphael <> w=
rote:

> > DO you want a snake? I would just run a pair of XLR from the mics to th=
e recorder. Keep it simple!

> > On Apr 19, 2011, at 6:12 PM, rayb wrote:
> >
> > > I have an Sound Devices 702 and 2 AT4022 mics and will be doing quite=
 a bit of recording from my car which will be parked at the edge of a woodl=
and/meadow. I want to run a single 25' - 30' Canare star-quad cable from th=
e 4022's in my boundary array to my SD702 which will be in the car with me.=
 What connections will I need at the mic end and will these connections eff=
ect the sound quality? Also will the length of the star-quad cable I'm usin=
g effect sound quality?