Re: LS-10 Arrived Today

Subject: Re: LS-10 Arrived Today
From: "Mark" seoulgypsy
Date: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:10 pm ((PDT))
Not sure if it has mentioned yet, but Leonard at Sonic Studios uses baby so=
cks... kinda thick ones. In my opinion, his is an elegant solution.

Mark R.

On Oct 30, 2010, at 8:57 AM, Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> > The tea strainers work in light wind conditions. They are fine for reco=
rding in the calm of the morning, or under a tree canopy where gusts are ta=
med. However if the wind near the mics is gusty at all, you will still get =
significant wind noise. I have tried many types of fabrics, even ones that =
should block wind completely. I believe the noise is the sound of the wind =
against the fabric at such close proximity to the capsules. The further awa=
y you can get the wind screen from the capsules, the less you will hear the=
 wind against the wind screen.

> Others have talked about making a zone of calm around the mic. What I'm t=
alking about with tea strainers and plastic canvas domes is using them as f=
orms for fake fur fabric. Dots of hot-melt glue from the inside fix the fab=
ric.