Re: Creating delrin mic supports for SASS

Subject: Re: Creating delrin mic supports for SASS
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 pm ((PDT))
Hi Kevin,

Baffled arrays, including the Jecklin disk, are definitely appropriate for =
nature recording.  I have found that a baffle can establish accurate left t=
o right imaging independent of chosen angle between axes or polar pattern o=
f the microphone capsules.  Such flexibility allows for explorations of a v=
ariety of interesting perspectives of the natural soundscape.  The basic Je=
cklin disk design is certainly elegant where function meets simplicity. =

 I notice Jecklin recently published an update that more than doubles the i=
deal spacing between capsules, the original was 16.5 cm, but now it is 36 c=
m.  That seems quite a big shift.  It would be interesting to hear the diff=
erence.

John Hartog