Re: I'm Lost! Need Field Recorder with Good On-board Mics.

Subject: Re: I'm Lost! Need Field Recorder with Good On-board Mics.
From: "scratchpaws" scratchpaws
Date: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 am ((PDT))
Wow, Mitch.
Thanks so much.
I should have been an audio engineer instead of a lighting director!
This audio stuff has got me under the rug. I had no idea that I'd ever try =
to produce an audio product. The problem I face is producing a finished 20-=
minute mp3 file at very high quality. I don't know if I need a machine that=
 records only .wav format or also mp3. From what I understand about file si=
ze, seems to me that a 20-minute .wav would be massive. I'd need to record =
3-4 such 20-minute files in the recorder per session and then use something=
 like Audacity to convert them to mp3. Maybe the Marantz is the way to go?