PCM Recorder advice needed.

Subject: PCM Recorder advice needed.
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:09 pm ((PDT))
Hello All,

I'm into a project that is looking like purchasing a new recorder is going
to be a part of it. I'm very happy with my LS-11 and the ME66/K6
combination for drop in the pocket field use, however its time to take a
deeper look into how the recorder deals with inputs and outputs, mainly top
end type microphones.

Primarily I will need a low noise, dual XLR balanced input, with phantom
power and stores data on SDHC cards.

Recorders I'm looking at are the Zoom H4n with the new mic preamps
and
Marantz PMD-661

My alternate plan is to purchase a Sound Devices MixPre and use it with the
LS-11 however, for the same cost or a little less, I can purchase a
recorder that does what is needed and when all is said and done, I'll end
up with two recorders... To me, this is a better outcome...

Please, if you have any comments one way or the other about either of these
recorders or any others that would meet the needs spelled out above, please
advise me...

--
TNX, 73, Mitch Hill - K1FH

http://www.4shared.com/dir/UTASxktL/wildlife.html

Shadow's area: http://www.4shared.com/dir/ecfWjyZb/Shadow.html

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: