More mic advice--close to decision / parabolic plans

Subject: More mic advice--close to decision / parabolic plans
From: "Wolodymyr Smishkewych" wjsmish=
Date: Tue Apr 6, 2010 9:29 pm ((PDT))

Hello again,

I'm now getting close to a decision on mics, but am still trying to get it =
narrowed down.

I am considering the following:

Pair of AKG C 1000 cardioids
Pair of Oktava MK-012 cardiods or omnis
Pair of Sennheiser ME 62 omnis

I am hoping to use them for ambient recording as well as rigged to a parabo=
lic in the following fashion:
http://www.wildlife-sound.org/equipment/newcomersguide/microphones.html#par=
abol

At the moment the AKGs are top of my list for combo of price and versatilit=
y. Any pros/cons, or other recommendations?

Also, the secdon question. I recently picked up one of Steve Dill's parabol=
ic reflectors on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Parabolic-project-Reflector-Dish=
-Microphone-Science_W0QQitemZ230451008115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomai=
n_0?hash=3Ditem35a7f35273) and was wonering if anyone in the group has had =
experience they'd like to share regarding building a good rig using this re=
flector, something to the effect of the photo in http://www.wildlife-sound.=
org/equipment/newcomersguide/microphones.html#parabol, but with a mic holde=
r similar to the Sony PBR-330?

Thanks!

Vlad

Wolodymyr Smishkewych