Re: On that subject

Subject: Re: On that subject
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 am ((PST))
On Dec 10, 2009, at 6:38 AM,  wrote:

> I think that the 3.5 mm jack also has S/P-DIF built in (I believe it
> detects the presence when in use). In the real world, what is needed
> to get from the 702 into the iMac in this way?

If the iMac has SPDIF in then that input is optical, whereas the
SD702's SPDIF output is coaxial. So you'd need another device to
convert coaxial to optical, something like the M-Audio CO2:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/CO2.html

You'd also need an adapter barrel or cable, since the SD702's SPDIF
coaxial output is on a BNC jack rather than an RCA jack.