Re: DC power for SD 722

Subject: Re: DC power for SD 722
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm ((PST))
Greg and Aaron,
That's good to know this has worked for you.  So you didn't need
anything more than the Hirose connector wired to the battery through
whatever connection is convenient to the battery system?  Is the SD
rugged enough to tolerate voltage variation in the battery array?  I
was thinking it might be good to snap on an RF choke on the power cord
near the SD end?  ($2.99 at Radio Shack)

Well, I'm neither a skilled solderer nor gifted with great eyesight
but I might give it a try.  It looks like the parts cost less than
$20, battery not included.  It looks like all I have to do is solder
the Hirose to the power cord and plug the other end (cigarette lighter
plug) into the battery?  (pins 1,2 DC power, pins 3,4 ground)

Thanks,

Kevin

www.7Loons.net