Re: What's needed to run a Sound Devices 7 series recorder from a 12

Subject: Re: What's needed to run a Sound Devices 7 series recorder from a 12
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:08 pm ((PDT))
> I have an idea for you. =A0Have you considered just buying a power invert=
er (I just got a 12v to 120v pure sine wave inverter for charging from my c=
ar battery for $28.00 from a retail marine supply store) and just pluging t=
he SD 7XX into the inverter using the AC power adaptor that came with the u=
nit? =A0Simple and cheap. =A0You can use the inverter to charge you other b=
atteries when you are on long trips as a bonus too.

I did think of that, I even have the inverter already...

...but I was concerned that the inefficiencies of converting through
AC would make this a losing proposition?

Anyone have any idea how much I'd be down? I couldn't begin to guess
if it'd be a couple percent, or 30%... :/

And unfortunately the testing is a bit unwieldy, what with my 24 hour
runtime target, and I don't want to over-deplete a battery just to get
a baseline, if I can help it. :/

aaron

--

  quietamerican.org