Re: What's needed to run a Sound Devices 7 series recorder from a 12

Subject: Re: What's needed to run a Sound Devices 7 series recorder from a 12
From: "Emanuele Costantini" lamacchiacost=
Date: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 am ((PDT))

I'm using an adapter I built to use the standard V-lock camera
batteries with my sound equipment instead of the NP1.
I can stay recording continuously for two-three days with a 130W/h
connected to the Edirol R4Pro.

To have an idea, the kind of battery I'm talking about is:

http://www.proav.co.uk/Brands/SWIT/V-Lock-Battery-Kits/br687_c601.aspx

and similar.

the accessory you need to buid your adapter is:

http://www.proav.co.uk/Batteries-&-Camcorder-Power/V-Lock-Battery-Accessori=
es/p15443_sc602.aspx

and you have to wire your recorder with a Hirose 4 pin circular
connector to plug in the AC in rounded connector:

http://www.hirose-connectors.com/connectors/H205SeriesGaiyou.aspx?c1=3DHR10=
&c3=3D3

I hope it helps.

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me the quick run down on what's needed to run a Sound
> Devices 7 series recorder off a 12V (?) lead acid battery?
>
> I need to do some uninterrupted recording on the order of 24-28 hours,
> two channel, probably 24/44, with a 722, providing phantom on both
> channels. As are as I can tell I will need a pretty beefy battery --
> anyone have field experience on what I really need? I was thinking a
> 26Ah battery would be conservative. Not to mention ridiculously heavy,
> but I don't need to transport it into the back country, so that's OK.

Emanuele Costantini

Sound, Media Engineer
Filmmaker

www.ecciproduzioni.com