Re: Marantz PDM 661 Vs Fostex FR2 LE - which one should I buy??!

Subject: Re: Marantz PDM 661 Vs Fostex FR2 LE - which one should I buy??!
From: "" ev=

Date: Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:55 pm ((PDT))

Thank you Marinos for you kind and informative help.

Some good stuff there to think about - so the quality of the Fostex pre-amp=
s would make a difference to recordings do you think?

Say if I was to record some forest ambiance with some Rode NT1-A mics, with=
 both recorders, do you think the recording would be much difference?

Or is would I be nitpicking over something like this??

I could handle a slightly bigger unit if the recording was better.

But I can see the Marantz has some good extra features - if the Fostex stop=
s recording at 2Gb, a quick search on the internet means that's about a 2 h=
our recording 24bit/48.

Mmmmm.... some interesting stuff Marinos - much appreciated.

Ian

--- In  Marinos Koutsomichalis <=