Hello all!

Subject: Hello all!
From: "brucethehoon" brucethehoon
Date: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 pm ((PDT))
I have taken it into my head that photos are not good enough for recording
memories of my vacations, and I'd like to know what my options are for high
quality audio recording.

I need to figure out what recording device to use (I'm looking at the Zoom H4N)
and if I will need an external microphone for it.  A lot of my recording will
be at the beach, so I'm expecting wind to be an issue and will have to
accommodate that.  Price is not an issue (says the newbie with no frame of
reference) but I'm expecting to pay around $600 for a reasonable setup.

My experience in audio is minimal but as a software developer I think I might
have a bit of an edge at least in understanding the technology, if not
understanding the audio side of things, so hopefully I can learn properly! ;)

I apologize in advance for my first post being so uneducated and not
contributing much for the group!

Thank you all!

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: