Caller ID help needed

Subject: Caller ID help needed
From: "gwapuffin" gwapuffin
Date: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:54 am ((PDT))
Look in  Files/Caller.mp3

This call was brought to my attention by a friend that was hearing it after
dark in an adjacent golf course   The golf course has many mature trees
surrounding the play area.  The caller was near but across the road from her
house.   She described it as very loud and frequent, about once every three or
four seconds.

The caller had moved a few hundred yards farther away before I had a chance to
record   I think it would turn away from me because the call was much softer at
times.
The recording was with MD and a DIY dish using Shure 183's in a Telinga dish in
Iowa on June 13, 2009.  The recording is marred by the sound of factories and a
highway so I did some heavy editing in frequencies other than those of the
caller.

I want to call it an immature Great Horned Owl but it is not quite the same as
my reference on the Owls of NA CD.
Any ideas?  Thanks for your help.

Gerald White  Muscatine,IA