Re: Equalizing, and Wave Editor?

Subject: Re: Equalizing, and Wave Editor?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:04 am ((PDT))
At 7:13 AM +0000 4/26/09, justinasia wrote:

>Hi Martyn
>Thanks for replying to my accidental mail! I found the processor
>window, but I could not find how to equalize with it. I found only
>these options:
>
>Change gain
>Normalize
>Invert phase
>Trim
>Speed
>Pitch
>Reverse audio
>Remove DV offset
>Covert sample rate
>Dither
>Thresholds
>
>I am actually unsure of what I should be looking for as I have never
>done equalizing before, so sorry if my questioning is offtrack.
>Specifically, I have made a stereo rig similar to Curt's, and the
>stereo sounds great but the higher frequences are made
>proportionally louder, to I need to EQ it somehow. I thought I would
>learn how to EQ after deciding which program to use. Here's my rig
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/photos/album/326928687/pic/list>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/photos/album/326928687/pic/list
>
>Can I use Wave Editor to do this? Or do I need something else? It
>seems like it's a great program for converting 24/96 files into 16
>bit (much better than the free programs I guess?) but I would love
>to know either
>1) If I can EQ with it or
>2) If I need to buy Wave Editor plus something else for EQing or
>3) If I should better just buy something else (only using the demo
>so far). I'm using a Mac.
>
>Thanks for all the help
>Justin

Hi Justin--
Open your file. Select All of it. Under the "Layer" menu, select "Add
Audio Unit." Then select an "Audio Unit" "plug."  There should be at
least a few ones available like the Apple, "Graphic Equalizer."  AU
"plugs" have to be installed in your computer before sound apps can
access them. Here's a parametric EQ plug you can download for free:
http://www.musicunfolding.com/muxeq.html  Install it, quit and
re-launch your audio app. It should now be included in the AU lists
on all of your apps that use these plugs.

I'd also encourage you to try the demo of Amadeus Pro:
http://www.hairersoft.com/AmadeusPro/AmadeusPro.html Its about half
the price and seems to have equal features, if not a few more. Rob D.