Re: Speakers for Editing

Subject: Re: Speakers for Editing
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:56 pm ((PDT))
I have to say that I have found this thread absolutely astounding. The
unbelievable prices some of you are paying for speakers is just beyond
me! My computer speakers on which I do most of my listening and all of
my editing (Miglia Diva 2.1s) cost me about =A330 and are more than
adequate to my ears. And therein lies the answer of course; being old
and deaf definitely has it's advantages!
I don't hear the subtle nuances of sound that I'm sure most of you hear,
and therefore hugely expensive speakers would be wasted on me. I'm
primarily a bird watcher, in the true sense of the word, having lost
most of my high frequency hearing I don't hear the majority of bird song
in the wild, and if I do it lacks any clarity. So to record it and play
it back in the quiet of my 'den' allows me to regain a part of my life
that I enjoyed in my youth. Being able to turn up the volume and just
hear it is great. Am I the sole representative of this sector of people
on this group? Are there no other old deaf people?
Max