Re: field recorder list

Subject: Re: field recorder list
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:24 am ((PDT))
Here's the "recorder list" with no frills and missing lots of data:
html: http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/RecorderList/RecorderList.htm
download .xls :
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/RecorderList/RecorderList.xls

Contact me off list if you want to take a section of the list and add
data.  If you have info to add about a specific recorder, please hold
onto it at this point; I'd rather work with adding large chunks
first. Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D

>Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Lots of useful ones. I'm working
>on the speadsheet template and new adding models/info from Oryoki's
>list and Raimund's chart.
>
>It will take a handful of people working on assigned groups of
>recorders to flesh the list out to the point where it can be usefully
>sorted.
>
>Is there a list/source including V/A power consumption data? I have a
>feeling this data is going to be slow to come by. The times I have
>measured consumption, it has differed considerably from what the
>manuf suggested. Needs to be a meaningful figure, right? I added
>external DC voltage to the battery info cell.
>
>Rob D.
>
>=3D =3D =3D
>
>At 10:55 AM +0100 3/15/09, Gianni Pavan wrote:
>>further information useful to know are:
>>power consumption (V and A) in continuous recording and in non rec mode
>>availability of a remote control
>>
>>Gianni
>>
>>At 03.50 15/03/2009, you wrote:
>>
>>>  > What information would folks like to
>>>  > include in the recorder list
>>>
>>>Below is the list of the categories I track for audio recorders.
>>>--oryoki
>>>
>>>Product
>>>Date Introduced
>>>File storage
>>>Web site
>>>Street Price, US$
>>>Dimensions, mm
>>>Volume, cc
>>>Weight w/ battery, g
>>>Battery type
>>>Record time
>>>Recording formats
>>>Preamp quality
>>>Single track mode
>>>Pre-roll buffer
>>>Inernal mic orientation
>>>Mic input
>>>Mic power
>>>Line input
>>>Digital input
>>>Mic sensitivity
>>>low cut filter
>>>Limiter
>>>Auto Gain Control
>>>when 2GB file size is reached
>>>Manually split tracks
>>>Headphone Power
>>>Internal Speaker
>>>Legible Screen
>>>insert track mark
>>>A-B Playback Loop
>>>date/time stamp
>>>remote control
>>>

>>>Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
>>>Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
>>>Versione: 8.0.237 / Database dei virus: 270.11.13/2001 - Data di
>>>rilascio: 03/14/09 06:54:00

>>Gianni Pavan
>>Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
>>Dipartimento di Biologia Animale, Universita' degli Studi di Pavia
>>Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
>>Phone +39-0382-987874 Fax +39-02-700-32921
>>Email
>><gpavan%40cibra.unipv.it><gpavan%40cibra.unipv.it>=
bra.unipv.it,