Research Project

Subject: Research Project
From: "saspring2002" saspring2002
Date: Mon Mar 9, 2009 11:30 am ((PDT))
This is the first time I have made a post to this group's page, but I have been
reading through in an attempt to find out what equipment would work best for
me.  I am planning a research project which will analyze song alteration by
birds in the Urban environment in comparison to the rural environment.  So far
I have narrowed down my choice of digital recorders to either the M-Audio
Microtrack II or the Tascam DR-1.  I am also planning on using the Raven
software for analyzing the sonograms.  Other than that I am having difficulty
deciding what the best microphone option would be for my uses (recording a
specific species of bird amid all of the noise found in the urban/rural
landscape).  Any help pointint me towards specific equipment or previous posts
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time!

Travis Wood