Re: New netlabel release

Subject: Re: New netlabel release
From: "mopani_wyness" wyness2001
Date: Thu Feb 5, 2009 10:07 am ((PST))
Hi Rob

yes, I agree with the treble-centric observation. Slightly harsh even. I so=
metimes have to make eq adjustments at around both 1k and 2k. And your sugg=
estion about narrowing the angle reminds me that it's on my list of things =
to try out as well as reading up a bit on the variations.

Regarding the woods recording, thanks for your comments and I know you've b=
een busy in the field doing lots of long duration work. My intention is to =
exploit the contrast between the wind as it is picked up by the omni mics i=
n a sheltered dip with a rock wall on 3 sides (so everything is in chaos ro=
und about and above), and the full on blast coming from behind me into the =
wood in front of me (I'm waiting for a NE wind and the mics will be pointin=
g SW with me sheltering them from buffeting as well as using a good windshi=
eld). The wooded area is raked downwards from my high position and the wind=
 will be coming off a good hillside slope behind me. Beyond the wood it tun=
nels down the Teviot valley for about 20 miles. And as you say, bare tree b=
ranches, quite brittle in Scotland in February.

I'm actually going to record each to separate devices - set up the first in=
 the dip, then stay by the second. I'll let off a loud whistle to synchroni=
se to later. But its' all experimental.

BTW - just to say it was remiss of me not to have mentioned the waterfall i=
n the recording. I had done so in the first text I put up but then had a fr=
iend write some new text for me. It shows that some sort of 'programme note=
s' can be helpful in setting the scene.

James