Re: New netlabel release

Subject: Re: New netlabel release
From: "mopani_wyness" wyness2001
Date: Thu Feb 5, 2009 7:59 am ((PST))
Hi Rob

I'm very happy to share the details of the mics and the array.

I used two Rode NT1as in an ORTF array, mounted on a modular suspension set=
 up, the name of which escapes me. I recorded to HiMD via a portable phanto=
m module. This was before I made up an omni head-spaced rig with a pair of =
AT3032s and bought a Fostex FR2le.

I find the stereo image much 'tighter' with the ORTF and have started using=
 it a lot more recently, particularly in larger scale projects, because of =
the contrast with the omnis.

Something I'm going to do very soon as part of this project (once it stops =
snowing) is to capture a strong northeast wind howling through a particular=
ly well sited woodland. I'll do it in 4 synchronous channels, omnis and Rod=
es, and both pairs about 200 metres apart, the omnis in a sheltered dip and=
 the Rodes atop a shooting platform.  Then in the stereo mix, I'll run slow=
 crossfades between the two. That should afford a nice measure of dynamic p=
anorama which might just liven up a long form piece. Nature recording in th=
e raw.

best

James