Re: First post--Need Some Advice

Subject: Re: First post--Need Some Advice
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:24 pm ((PST))
> the one thing that would be a show-stopper for me
> is the form factor of the PMD661 e.g. the XLR jacks
> being on the 'bottom' of the unit

XLR cables with right angle ends can address this issue if you have a
bag with slots for cable entry on the side.

There are bags with cable entry on the bottom. Porta Brace makes one
for the PMD660, for example.  Marantz makes a simple unpadded nylon
case for the PMD660, too.  I assume there will be similar cases for
the PMD661 when it arrives in a few weeks.

You may not want to purchase a bag that costs 25% of the price you
paid for the recorder.  I think a lot of people will purchase simple
camera bags and cut a hole in the bottom for the cable entry.

--oryoki