Re: First post--Need Some Advice

Subject: Re: First post--Need Some Advice
From: "" flawn1951
Date: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:44 am ((PST))
Oryoki wrote:

> The FR-2LE misses your criteria in that is has no single channel
> recording (with one mic plugged in, the other channel records
> silence)

Actually, not so. The FR2-LE can record to one track, resulting in smaller
files and longer continuous recording before the file size limit is hit.
(That's
a good thing since the FR2-LE will not start a new file when it maxes out the
one you started.)

The trick is you have to format the CF card with the settings set to mono.
That's a curiousity of the FR2-LE in general: the recording parameters are set
by the formatting of the card, you can't mix file types or stereo and mono
files on the same card without reformatting. But large cards are cheap these
days,
so if you need multiple file types and don't want to reformat it's easy
enough to customize separate CF cards for each group of settings you need.

I can also vouch for the cleanliness of the preamps.

--Flawn

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail,
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&
icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)