1. Re: DPA Windpac

Subject: 1. Re: DPA Windpac
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 pm ((PST))
I know this is old but I just saw it for the first time packed into the thread
about the
3032's.  Anyway, that's a shame, I like my Windpac a lot.  It's very useful for
me in terms
of traveling.  I know people talk about packing the Rycote full of socks and
putting it in a
suitcase, but I try not to travel with big suitcases anyway.  I have gotten my
rig down to a
carry on bag and the Windpac makes this possible.  The suspension is not all
that big just
to toss in a carry on backpack or whatever.

Actually the suspension is the real gem of the Windpac, not the outer blimp.
It's superb,
very versatile, rugged.

I use a screw on pistol grip as well.  They're quite inexpensive and then
you've got a grip
just as good as the Rycote.

I suppose this means DPA won't be able to continue recovering the Windpacs with
new
fabric if they get ripped or whatever.  That's a shame, because I kow that will
happen
eventually.

Danny

--- In  "Aaron Ximm" <> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:08 PM, clay <> wrote:
> > this will help my decision.  I understand the difficulty with hand-holding
> > now, I had forgotten there's no pistol grip.
>
> List member Jeremiah Moore gave me the solution for that one,
> attaching an RMA screw-on grip:
>
>  http://www.remoteaudio.com/grip.htm
>
> Most of the time I leave it as a last leg between my boom/tripod and
> the Windpac. Slight amount of additional weight (if also length), but
> it's nice and soft and I find it a good place to strap cables to
> quietly...
>
> Definitely makes the Windpac more versatile!
>
>  aaron
>
> --
>
>  quietamerican.org
>  oneminutevacation.org
>
>  83% happy
>  9% disgusted
>  6% fearful
>  2% angry

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: