Re: SD 722 Vs 702

Subject: Re: SD 722 Vs 702
From: "Gianni Pavan" gianni_pavan
Date: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:31 am ((PST))
Hi all, I own a 722 and I'm happy with it. Though, if I have to decide now,
I'd buy the 702. Normally I prefer to record to CF, to extend battery life,
to reduce heating, to reduce probability of damages to disk when moving, an=
also to reduce emitted noise when I leave the recorder very close to NT1A
microphones.
As for long recordings, it is now possible to get 32GB cards.

For very long recording, though, the HD version could be taken into
consideration for replacing the internal HD with a SSD. Now they are
expensive, but in a short time their price should drop enough to allow
recoding hundreds of GBs with very low power consumption.

Gianni

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia