Re: handheld location setup for AT3032 pair

Subject: Re: handheld location setup for AT3032 pair
From: "beppopatina" beppopatina
Date: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 pm ((PDT))
I use a Jekclin disc made out of an Ikea children's stool top. It's made ou=
t of 3/4" thick foam,
12" diameter. I stitched a funfur cover for it and it mounts on the middle =
of a K and M stereo
bar in a standard springloaded mic clip, plus velcro straps around the hand=
le. The 3032's are
mounted in Shure donut style shockmounts and the handle is a simple Rycote =
bicycle style
handgrip. I use Rycote softies as windshields. Everything mounts easily on =
a lightweight
photo tripod.

I've uploaded a few pics in the photo section under Jecklin Disc. The whole=
 apparatus is fairly
lightweight, I had a lightweight 15' stereo cable made which helps a lot.

Everything, including a SD MP2 preamp in a small portabrace, mics, cable, S=
ennheiser HD25
headphones, Edirol R09 recorder and tripod fits in a small knapsack and is =
always packed
and ready to go. Sets up in 5 minutes.