Re: Hello (questions about parabolic mic for recording monkey vocal

Subject: Re: Hello (questions about parabolic mic for recording monkey vocal
From: "Jim Lee" wranch2000
Date: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 pm ((PDT))
Hi Max.
Well, for now I cannot seem to get the file to upload. I keep getting a
message that there is not enough disk space for the file. Even the MP3
is too big. I will keep trying. Anybody got any idea why the upload
problem?

In the meantime pix of the set up are online at:
It is included in the latest edition of Make magazine #14 (on the
newsstand now)
http://www.make-digital.com/make/vol14/?pg=138&search=parabolic+mic&u1=texterity&cookies=1

There is even an associated how-to video produced by the magazine at:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1408076/umbrella_parabolic_microphone/
And of course there is the Instructables page at:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Dollar-Store-Parabolic-Mic/
The original version is at:
http://www.bambooturtle.us/ParabolicMicrophone.html
The only difference is that the demo photo shows the Edirol R-09
recorder instead of the Olympus DS-30.
The DS-30 is getting easy to find for just a little over $100 now. Just
do a quick Google search for it.

Jim