Re: Fading In (and Out) of recording segments

Subject: Re: Fading In (and Out) of recording segments
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Tue Jun 3, 2008 12:35 am ((PDT))
Hi Bill,
Even though the immediate issue for you has faded out, I think it is
still a topic worthy of fading back in for further discussion. For
instance, how separated in the natural time line can two sections of
recording be before an invisible crossfade becomes deceptive?

For albums, I usually address the issue by inserting a new track at
each crossfade and labeling each track with the date and time. Though
I may have chopped out several circles of a circling fly and also the
second close-up merganser burp (that sounded to human) on one album
without mention.

John Hartog

--- In  "William Ruscher Jr."