Re: Fading In (and Out) of recording segments

Subject: Re: Fading In (and Out) of recording segments
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Wed Jun 4, 2008 1:18 am ((PDT))
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:33 AM, John Tudor <> wrote:

> MAGIX Samplitude & Samplitude SE

Hrmm, happy to field questions about Samplitude, but we should take this
offline, as it's liable to get rapidly quite off-topic...

...but my short answer, and I do not mean to be flip, is that in my
experience there are very few drawbacks or limitations to Samplitude,
period. Whenever I have tried other tools I have quickly felt cramped and
impatient.

The very few caveats that come to mind, I will list here though:

(a) it's Windows-only;
(b) it's quite expensive;
(c) the most recent versions requires use of a hardware dongle;
(d) its facilities for parameter automation have always been somewhat
limited, though this is much improved in version 10; and
(e) it's not ProTools, and hence it is not the ubiquitous lingua franca of
studios, nor can it use ProTools-only plugin formats.

Other than that I think its audio engine sounds so good, it's so flexible
and customizable, its editing capabilities are so unique, its features set
so deep, and it so packed with "included" tools (processing and analysis
tools) of all kinds, that it's a genuine mystery why it is not better known
nor more widely used.

NB: I have used only the "Pro" version, not the SE version; and I haven't
used the more-expensive yet sibling, Sequoia, which has several enhancement=
for classical music editing and pro studio production workflow.

 best,
  aaron

--

quietamerican.org