Re: Hi-MD failure

Subject: Re: Hi-MD failure
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat May 10, 2008 9:26 am ((PDT))
Scott--
I can't say there is a clear pattern that suggests to never rename
files in SS.  Some people do it all the time without issue. I'm
cautious like Lou, I always let the transfer process happen with
settings no matter the recorder/platform/application.

Will the files still play on the Hi-MD disc? If so, you can use Total
Recorder which will record the playback through the system sound--
its still a digital transfer. There's lots of info about the "total
recorder" method in the Hi-MD community forum. Good Luck! Rob D.

At 4:11 PM +0000 5/10/08, scottsherk27 wrote:
>Thanks, Lou.
>
>I certainly won't try naming before transfer again. I began doing it
>when Sonicstage began adding numbers to the beginning of files upon
>transfer-- a few versions ago.
>
>I found your note in the archive that one can record an empty disc and
>then pull the plug on it before it ends. Then one replaces that disc
>with the corrupted one and replaces power. I suppose that I can do
>this by taking out the battery and record with external power. We'll
>see if it works on Hi-MD.
>
>Please correct me if I misunderstood your method.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott
>--- In
><naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>=