Re: The wonders of FAT32?

Subject: Re: The wonders of FAT32?
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:31 am ((PDT))
Lou Judson wrote: "I guess I could just try it, but is this assumption
correct? Anyone know for sure? I am in doubt."

Yes, I know for sure because I did it a couple of days ago. Choose the
'MS DOS' option from the Mac's list of formats. Windows can do it too,
but only for partitions up to 32GB, which is kind of useless by
today's standards...

One of the reasons I had to use FAT32 for my rebuilt drive was because
I'd saved most of the files onto the Macintosh - after all, it was the
only computer that could read the damaged disk. A Mac can read NTFS
but can't write to it, so the repaired disk had to formatted to FAT32
or I would not have been able to transfer my files back onto it from
within the Macintosh. NTFS was not an option.

Circular stuff...