Re: The wonders of FAT32?

Subject: Re: The wonders of FAT32?
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:26 am ((PDT))
Philip Tyler wrote: "I would only have a FAT32 formatted drive as a
means of transferring files between Mac's and PC's I would always,
always have a backup on the PC on an NTFS formatted drive!"

I remember reading all about NTFS some time ago, and realising it was
a superior filing system. The annoying thing is that I both need *and*
want Mac compatibility, which continually annoys me because I'd feel
much better having it all on NTFS. ;-)

The question for me now is this: if the drive was formatted to NTFS
when the power blackout occured, would it have been recoverable? I
guess I'll never know the answer to that. Certainly, FAT32 was a good
choice in this particular case...

The plan now is to get a second large drive to make a complete
duplicate of my existing drive (rather than using the collection of
smaller drives I've currently got). After reading the two posts
(Philip Tyler and mdfrancey), I'll be hedging my bets and formatting
the other drive NTFS...