1. Introduction

Subject: 1. Introduction
From: "Brian D. Farrell" bfarrell55
Date: Sun Mar 9, 2008 4:59 am ((PDT))
Dear colleagues,  I've just joined your forum and write to introduce myself.  I
am an
entomologist interested in the evolution of insects and plants, and in
biodiversity more
generally.  For outreach, my group has been documenting insect diversity in the
Dominican
Republic (where my spouse is from) and in the Boston Harbor Islands National
Park (see
biocaribe.org) to produce resources for students, educators and scientists. For
the past five
years, I've been focused on providing images and specimen data for each species
we
encounter, and have decided to  extend this to natural sounds as well. As a
naturalist I've
been interested in sounds of all kinds, and did some recording as an undergrad,
and it's been
fun to become more active.  I'll post some files from time to time and would be
very grateful
for any comments.  Thank you for your time.

Cordially yours,

Brian

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: