Re: Getting organised...

Subject: Re: Getting organised...
From: "kit8parrish9" kit8parrish9
Date: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:44 am ((PDT))
--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:

> we're looking for an application that can "strip"
> the meta tags from a folder of .wav files and output a single text or
> spreadsheet chunk that can be easily pasted into a master record
> sheet.

iTunes can do this. Import the collection of wav files into iTunes, make a
playlist of them,
and Export the playlist to a unicode text file. The resulting txt file is a tab
delimited display
of all the metadata that iTunes recognizes (about 29 fields in the example I
just made), and
can be viewed as a spreadsheet with all the data from the collection in the
proper rows and
columns.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: