Re: at3032 LF "growl"

Subject: Re: at3032 LF "growl"
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Tue Mar 4, 2008 2:03 pm ((PST))
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your helpful advice.  I had a chance to listen to my set
up out at my parents place - which is marginally quieter than where I
live. It was a fairly calm day and it was apparent that the vast
majority of the LF was being generated by distant traffic. It wasn't
apparent to the unassisted ear but was all too audible when
monitoring. Given the comparative distance to major roads at my
parents, I'm now thinking that the major freeway in a small valley
some 2km distant and reasonably busy roads 1km from where I live
would be major contributor of LF on the test recording I made a few
days ago.

I'm probably so used to using the LF cut that the actually levels of
LF energy are a bit of a shock!!

I'm still convinced that there is some resonances being transmitted
into the rig in winder conditions. When using the same tripod with a
scope in windy conditions the vibrations from the tripod are visible,
so I assume this vibration would be passed into the rig. I'm going to
try building an isolated base  for the rig to eliminate this
potential noise source.

cheers
Paul