Re: at3032 LF "growl"

Subject: Re: at3032 LF "growl"
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sat Mar 1, 2008 3:27 pm ((PST))
Hi Paul,

I definitely hear a different qualities between Walt's two recordings,
but I do not hear the growl you mention. I notice a general emphasis
in the 2032 recording between 20 and 100 but nothing significant at
Message: 100Hz.
Subject: Both recordings have significantly different content around
100Hz, so it is hard for me determine what might be caused by a
difference between the mics.

Can you present one of your own recordings where this "growl" is
noticeable? That would make it easier to hear what you are trying to
explain.

My far from golden ears do not hear a "growl", while listening to your
recent whroo_frogs.mp3 recording.  In spectral view, I see bold
low-frequency filtering was involved. Just an out-on-a-limb guess, but
maybe the growl is an artifact from rolling off too sharply leaving
residual tops of the wind rumble or whatever it was you filtered out.

~John Hartog