Re: Recording Software Question

Subject: Re: Recording Software Question
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:00 am ((PST))
What do you mean by 'built in processing'?

Anyway, Pro Tools is far and away the most versatile, powerful and
intuitive multitrack audio software for Mac or otherwise.  It is
expensive though, and the hardware thing is a drag when you're
traveling.  But overall, the good outweighs the bad.

Apple Logic has some perks if you're a composer.  And it comes with
some good plugins unlike Pro Tools.

Peak is pretty great as a 2 track editor.  Perfectly good program.

Software-wise....the old standard, the WAVES Q10 EQ is very versatile
and powerful.  I have just discovered some new compressor and limiter
plugins that I find to sound more natural than my Waves L3 and C4
though.  And they are really cheap.

http://masseyplugins.com/

They only work in RTAS format though.  I believe AU format is in the
works.

Those of you who poo-poo limiting and compression in nature recording,
feel free to ignore me.

Danny