Re: Recording Software Question

Subject: Re: Recording Software Question
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:31 am ((PST))
Hi Suzanne

I must admit I know of no way you can record direct to
DVD using a computer. It would need to be a two stage
process, record into the computer using Sound Forge or
some other software, save file on computer then burn
file to DVD. Is this DVD for playback on a DVD player?
Because that will depend on what type of file you
record it as on the DVD. I will leave it at that at
the moment as it can get more involved.

Phil
--- Suzanne Williams <> wrote:

> My father wants to know if there is a way to record
> from a mic
> (probably small wireless mic) straight onto a DVD.
> In other words, he
> wants to bypass putting it onto his computer as a
> digital file.  He
> would like to use his laptop (Windows XP).  We do
> have Sound Forge 9,
> but I don't think you can do that with it.
>
> Any advice I can pass along to him would be great.

> Suzanne
> Suzanne Williams Photography
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
> Florida, USA

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good h=
ttp://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/