Re: Recording Software Question

Subject: Re: Recording Software Question
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 am ((PST))
Ahhh. Question I like. I have an ongoing relationship with Protools,
since it was where I started. You do need their hardware, though,
which some people don't like. You can get the new Mbox Micro, which
is a USB dongle with only a headphone jack and the software comes
with it. If you use a portable recorder sich as the ones discussed
here, you can work on the files with Protools very nicely, and it
costs about $250... or various M-Audio hardware devices.

Peak from Bias-inc.com is also good but only stereo. I use Peak Pro
Message: 5.
Subject: 21, but there is a lite edition too if costs are an issue or needs
simple.

There are a few free ones, like Audacity, and some specialized ones
like BoomRecorder, and so on.

I have never operated a Windows computer so don't know what you need
or expect. Either tell more about what you want to do, or listen to
others here who may know more different softwares.

By far the most important tools I have is a Platinum Bundle from
Waves - there are many issues about their pricing, rental fees, and
politics, but since I have it it is what makes my work "professional"
- the plugins and processing option that comes with various programs
are a key factor. I've been slowly upgrading Waves since 1998, and to
start where I am now would cost about $2,000 which is NOT a good
investment. There are some simpler bundles that will give you the
tools you need for working with nature recordings...

Can someone else recommend the best Mac audio program with great
built in processing? They all have some but I don't know how good or
complete...

Best luck!

Lou
Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio