Re: 5.1 mobile recording

Subject: Re: 5.1 mobile recording
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Sun Dec 2, 2007 7:46 am ((PST))
c.link finally works with the latest firmware for the 7 series
recorder, I've done several tests now, and can confirm sample accurate
start and stop points across multiple recorders. It doesn't transfer
naming information, so that still has to be checked on each recorder,
to make sure you can easily find the files later.

I don't know of anything in the 5k price range that can record 6
channels. As you said, the HHB, Deva, etc, are all more like 8 to 10k.
You might be able to find a used early series Deva in that price range.

The next easiest solution might just be a laptop running a firewire or
usb audio interface. There are a bunch of those that can handle 8
channels in, and would be far less than your 5K budget, including a
laptop. Not 'quite' as practical as a robust field recorder, but it
can and has been done.