Re: ME62 vs. AT-3032 (was Sennheiser MKH 418 and stereo recording

Subject: Re: ME62 vs. AT-3032 (was Sennheiser MKH 418 and stereo recording
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:06 am ((PST))
>For those who own 3032s, have you use them in humid environments? Any comm=
ents
>on how they work on "harsh" environments (heat, humidity, etc..)?

I bought two and they tested great in very humid (rain soaking
homemade fuzzies) conditions. I bought two more for surround.

First trip out one started frying. Reproduceable in a foggy bathroom.
Sent it to A-T, got a rapid turnaround with a new capsule. In the
meantime I bought a fifth, so I have a spare.

Next trip out the repaired one started making noises. Sent it back
again. This time they replaced the electronics, quick turnaround
again. Now it's fine.

-Dan Dugan

P.S. whenever you have sets of identical models, label them so they
become individuals. I number all my mics and cables so I know where
trouble came from.

-dD-