Re: ME62 vs. AT-3032 (was Sennheiser MKH 418 and stereo reco

Subject: Re: ME62 vs. AT-3032 (was Sennheiser MKH 418 and stereo reco
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:05 am ((PST))
Hi Tony,

Maybe George Paul can recap his experiences with 3032's in a humid
environment.

Dan Dugan mentioned a bit ago sending back one that sputtered when
used outdoors - and then he tested it using a steamy shower.

While recording this fall, my whole tripod blew over into a river, and
one of my 3032's was completely submerged for at least several
minutes.  I took off the capsule, poured out some water, packed the
parts in desiccant, put it out in the sun for a while. A week later it
was still not working. About a month later while packing it up to send
in to AT for repair, I tested it again and this time it worked fine.

When I bought my 3032s, I bought four put them through some tests.
Kept the two that sounded most similiar, and returned the other two. I
 did not have time to test for humidity.

John Hartog

--- In  Antonio Celis
<> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For those who own 3032s, have you use them in humid environments?
Any comments