Re: ME62 vs. AT-3032 (was Sennheiser MKH 418 and stereo recording

Subject: Re: ME62 vs. AT-3032 (was Sennheiser MKH 418 and stereo recording
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:57 am ((PST))
To my ears the ME62 was noisier but at the same time
seemed to have an extended bottom end?

I presume that the K6 was phantom powered when the
recording was made, as the K6 is noisier when battery
powered.

The AT3032's self noise spec is 16dBA while the ME62
spec is 15dBA. So on the face of it there should not
be that much difference but the AT3032's have been
tested as having a self noise of below 11dBA. Which
would account for the differences I can hear in the
two mics self noise in this recording?

So on noise grounds the AT3032 would seem to be the
winner?

Phil
--- Christian Van Horn <> wrote:

> Hello all! I'm curious to see what anyone interested
> has to say about
> this mic comparison. The 3032 on the left seems
> slightly more "open"
> and natural to me, which came as a BIG suprise.
> Also, I cant detect
> much difference in self noise with my old ears. I am
> about to purchase
> a set of 62's for use both in a parabolic and as a
> stereo pair...now
> I'm thinking it over. What do you all hear?  Chris

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good  http:=
//uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html