Re: Renamed Site: Visit to the Master Recordists

Subject: Re: Renamed Site: Visit to the Master Recordists
From: "George Paul" geopaul7
Date: Mon Jul 9, 2007 7:00 am ((PDT))
--- In   wrote:

> I have to agree with everyone on this one, I like the story and pictures =
behind the
recordings, it really gives the recordings some depth.

> And... oh my god... the raccoon encounter sounds like baboons! Really coo=
l stuff.
Looking forward to more trip reports. On that, what is the Adirondack mount=
ain reference?
Is that going to be another (or the other) trip report? I live about 8 hour=
s from the there,
and go backpacking with my friend every August there, and it's so beautiful=
 ad rugged.?

> Thanks for sharing.
>
> ~Dave

Thanks Dave.  This little site, which I am making to share with this list, =
is still under
construction.  As Paul Harvey says, for the rest of the story, after visiti=
ng Geoff Keller, on
the same trip I went up to Ithica to visit Lang Elliott, one of the leading=
 recordists in the
world. He always seems to be setting the Agenda.

 He and I drove up to the Adirondacks and visited two other recordists.  I =
learned a ton,
and met some amazing people.  I have interesting recordings and photos from=
 the
journey.  We talked about the lastest techniques and gear, and his philosph=
y, etc., which I
will share.

I want to write a little story about the week as it unfolded, what I learne=
d, what we did, etc.

I will be posting that on line as soon as I can.

I appreciate all the kind comments.  I think all of us make these recording=
s, and records,
to share with others.

George

> Great recordings! I quite enjoyed listening and reading about your
> trip. I appreciate all the info behind the recordings and the
> pictures were great!
>
> ----------------------
> Suzanne
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
> Florida, USA
>
> --- In  "George Paul" <geopaul7@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I just noticed that the name of that site under construction was
> too long. I renamed it:
> >
> > http://web.mac.com/geopaul/iWeb/The%20Visit/Welcome%20%20.html
> >
> > Anybody interested can try this one. Hopefully this will work.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > George Paul

> Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-lead=
ing spam
and email virus protection.