Re: Man made noise and nature recording

Subject: Re: Man made noise and nature recording
From: "Suzanne Williams" scw1217
Date: Mon May 28, 2007 6:21 pm ((PDT))
Great conversation. I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on this.  I
live in an area near an intersection, so any nature noises I hear are
backed by cars, and people, and trains, etc.  Often, I close my eyes
and try to pick out the individual noises.  It is amazing what you
hear.

BTW, I look forward to hear your results, Martyn!

----------------------
Suzanne
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
Florida, USA

--- In  "Martyn Stewart" <>
wrote:

> I have been making recordings of environmental noises, man made and
creature
> for many years and using it as a resource for conservation groups,
National
> Parks etc.
>
> In fact last years protocol on the Arctic National Refuge had this
in mind
> in case they ever wanted to start drilling up there, we had a "base-
line"

> Next month the same team goes to Katmai NP to record for the
National Park.
> They have decided that sound be used as a natural resource (a huge
step in
> the right direction) Bernie Krause will be in Brooks Camp, Kevin
Colver will