Re: An un-recordable sound?

Subject: Re: An un-recordable sound?
From: "Mark Fischer" aguasonic
Date: Sun May 27, 2007 10:19 am ((PDT))
Good morning Walt,

--- In  Walter Knapp <>
> Just some random thoughts.
Nice overview.

>From your summary, I am leaning towards the 'variation in background'
effect-- the end result is perceived as a sound, but it is a sum-total
of the sound field, an oscillation induced by a 270 foot span rotating
in the breeze (fyi, three blades at about 10rpm, so it could actually
be heard, possibly, at about 30Hz). I am a solid mile downwind of the
towers, maybe two, and have no interest in recording the machine
itself. It is mostly the effect the machine is having on the
environment that was, well, striking.

I will be keeping an eye out now for the requisite ideal conditions,
maybe get a chance to post an example of this phenomenon then.

Thanks,

Mark
~~~~