Clock synchronization! UPDATED GRAND CANYON SERIES

Subject: Clock synchronization! UPDATED GRAND CANYON SERIES
From: "geopaul7" geopaul7
Date: Sun May 27, 2007 10:05 am ((PDT))
--- In  Scott Fraser <> wr=
ote:

> BTW, for a preferable first option to cut & crossfade editing, if you =

> end up with digital glitches in a file & no access to a non-glitchy
> version, quite often digital glitches can be drawn out of the
> waveform with a pencil tool in the editor. Unlike acoustic glitches,
> a digital glitch is usually a perfectly vertical short duration spike =

> imposed upon a somewhat sine-ish waveform, when viewed at a high zoom =

> level. These are frequently very easy to smooth out with a steady
> hand on the mouse. This doesn't disturb the timeline, as a cut edit
> will, & thus often is more transparent.

Thanks again Scott. Very instructive.  I have updated the recordings on the=
 Grand Canyon
website, for pop free listing, longer MP 3s, and more explanation:

http://web.mac.com/geopaul/iWeb/Geo2Sound/Recordings%20.html

I also posted on that site 2003 Recording No. 2, which is good of the toads=
, and which has
some famous Grand Canyon rapids in the background.  They were a couple of h=
undred
yards downstream.

There is also a new photo, sent in by my friend Ken Werner, of some toad am=
plexus.  It
was taken with his point and shoot.

I am having trouble penciling out the spikes.  I tried to do that but was u=
nsucessful.  I will
look for the artifact you describe.

George Paul