Re: Because She Asked...

Subject: Re: Because She Asked...
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sat May 26, 2007 8:30 am ((PDT))
Thank you for the IDs, Mark -- especially the American Woodcock. As
soon as I saw your response I connected the sound of their wings in
flight from past encounters with those little critters. But I think
this was the first time I ever heard the "hiccup-PEEENT ground call."
That's what had me stumped. Thanks again!

Curt Olson

PS: Sorry about the slow downloads. I know it's a pain. Last time my
bride and I moved, we went from 2 years with high-speed cable back to
dial-up. Ouch! Thankfully we have high-speed cable again.

Mark Phinney wrote:

> ...the main (bird) players are American Robin, Swamp Sparrow, with
> faint Mallard, Song Sparrow and White-throated Sparrow. The fly past
> at the end sounds very much like a female Green-winged Teal. I hear at
> least 3 species of frog/toad, but can't say for sure what they are.

<snip>

> had to pass on this one - dial up is just too slow

<snip>

> Defintely White-throated Sparrow here; Swamp Sparrow also prominent
> (slow musical trill)

<snip>

> passed again, due to stone age modem

<snip>