Re: MP3 bit rate minimums and the Archive

Subject: Re: MP3 bit rate minimums and the Archive
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Mon May 14, 2007 8:31 pm ((PDT))
Posted by: "Rob Danielson"

>> >Still recovering from the surgery, I'm still not up to full speed.
>> >Trying to get in shape for BRAG in June in a few weeks. It's Columbus to
>> >Savannah this year so not the hardest of the ones I've done in the past.
>> >Longest day is 75 miles, and most climb in a day is 4000' (with 70 miles
>> >of riding). Worst is that BRAG assumes you make a certain minimum speed
>> >average that's relatively high, or you get no rest stops or sag support.
>> >Not sure if I can make that average, so may end up doing part of the
>> >days as virtually unsupported self contained touring. At least I won't
>> >have to be hunting campsites each night.
>
> Congrats on those admirable goals!

It will be my 5th BRAG, if it were not for the surgery it would be
nothing. Now if you want to admire tourers, go here:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/
And start reading journals. Read Heidi's two trike tour journals and you
will know what a wimp I am.
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/Heidiho

I keep trying to figure nature recording while bike touring. I'll be
doing some testing of solar panels on this ride in actual use. Probably
not take a recorder, just a camera. Just think about working frogs in
the middle of the night from a recumbent trike:
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/Greenspeed/my_gtr.html
Got to squeeze the bulk and weight out of my recording kit...