Re: FR2-LE Mic Pre Gain (was Greetings and an FR2 LE review

Subject: Re: FR2-LE Mic Pre Gain (was Greetings and an FR2 LE review
From: "scottsherk27" scottsherk27
Date: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm ((PDT))
I've been playing around with the FR2-LE and a Sony HiMD.  I have
posted two files of the quietest ambience I could create at:

http://www.thethirdbarn.org/Pages/Scott%20Sherk/sounds/tests.html

Certainly not definitive, but it's given me a good sense of the
different character of the two pre's when used with MKH 30/40 which
seems to confirm the reported numbers.

(I didn't alter the first two files in any way, and they are rather
quiet.  I decoded the M/S for the second set of files.)

I've been out and about with the FR2-LE, too.  It's easy to operate in
the field, headphone amps sounds fine, knobs are fine, leds on top
impossible to see in daylight, but easy to see the screen.  I'm waiting
for a 7.2 V 4500 battery cuz this does eat up the AA's.

Scott